- If it is set in silver/gold then make sure you store it in a plastic anti-stat cellophane bag, you can use the bag you received for the jewellery purchased from us.
- If it is amber jewellery made without any silver/gold then you can keep it just in the original gift pouch, or get one from the internet (soft pouches made from linen, cotton or velvet will be good).
- Keep amber away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, hair spray, perfumes, and detergents.
- Take off your jewellery when exercising, sleeping, bathing, showering, swimming, cooking or doing anything else which can cause you to produce sweat ;-)
- To remove dust simply wipe your jewellery using a soft cloth dampened with clean water.
- Keep amber away from any strong solutions.
- Do not use any jewellery cleaning solutions as chemicals can damage your amber texture
- We highly recommend using a silver cleaning cloth to keep your jewellery shiny (you can buy your silver cleaning cloth at our store)
- Avoid any rough surfaces or metals as amber can easily get scratched
- The best way to clean your amber beads is a dip of fresh warm water and soft cloth without any detergents/solutions/chemicals. (Tip: Use a drop of olive oil to make your beads shinier)
- Amber is rather a soft gemstone, be careful as it can scratch easily.
Below is an example of brooch made with 925 sterling silver that was kept without any packaging in a drawer for a longer period of time, and a difference made with just a few wipes of silver cleaning cloth!